Sven from Gentleman's Gazette

011912_0430_lores
Sven Raphael Schneider, Editor-in-Chief of Gentleman's Gazette,  NYC, Jan 2012

There is no replacement for meeting face to face.  For me it's a great adventure, and one of the reasons I love photographing people.  When Sven Raphael Schneider, whom I only knew from his online magazine, Gentleman's Gazette,  came to visit NYC I was curious to meet the man behind the scene.  Sven's focus on classic men's style is razor sharp, and I was surprised to find out it all started with his interest in vintage.  Sven described his vast collection menswear fashion illustrations, and my jaw dropped.  I can't even begin to fathom his other collections!  If he just posted about this it would undoubtedly fill up years on the blog, but of course he is also interested in reviewing specialty products, showcasing "Gentlemen of Style" (always my favorite), and cultivating savoir-vivre.  Sven is a true aficionado of classic menswear, and Gentleman's Gazette is his way of fine tuning the conversation.

011912_0450_lores 011912_0452_lores 011912_0455_;ores 011912_0469_lores
A bit of a surprise on the label of his suit jacket...one never knows!

Style Notes:
Suit: Vintage 1960s bespoke from Hussmüller Munich, Germany with a rare double breasted waistcoat
Shirt: Modern Tailor 
Tie: Knit Silk Tie, Vintage
Pocket Square: Robert Talbott 
Silk Socks: green wool with shadow stripe - Fort Belvedere
Cufflinks: 14k Yellow Gold with Malachite – Fort Belvedere

6 comments:

  1. Good work, Rose and Sven. Sator at The Cutter and Tailor Forum has covered as much ground as possible on Michael Hussmüller, so I'm pleased to see a surviving example of that maker's excellent work

    Stay well,

    BON

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barima! Your knowledge of the intricacies of menswear astonishes me! Can't wait for next Mode Cast so I can join in...xo, rose

      Delete
  2. OMG- this suit is awesome! Where do you get something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments!
    I do have a number of Hussmüller suits and even tuxedos and tailcoats. He was one of Germany's great tailors at the time. I will make sure to write an article just about him sometime.

    Regards, Raphael - Gentleman's Gazette

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's the dandy man :)
    I invite on my men's blog: www.pewienpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. EPIC Gentleman.......as always,I enjoyed this article & Great Quality photos,as well.....thank you for sharing,and good luck...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...